In hopes of getting out of the rut, let's make a rundown of everything I have going for me today.
- I took a shower. That is a wonderful thing, even if it was in the afternoon after lunch.
- I am wearing socks. They are clean AND they match! woot woot!
- John-Paul is using the toilet for the third day in a row. For both bodily functions! He may be butt-nekkid from the waist down most of the day, and we can't leave the house with him reliably yet, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. That many less diapers that I have to buy.
- Yesterday we got our curriculum so we can start our homeschooling. It's going to be awesome. One more step in the right direction.
- Also yesterday, I was able to open a child's bedroom window with a butter knife and climb in from the outside before the cat ruined anything after being locked in the room for two hours. That's a good thing. Plus, now I know how to open a window from the outside with a butter knife, so hey, we learn something new every day!
- There is still beer in my fridge and it will be consumed this evening.
- God is good.
There ya go. That's the scrape-the-barrel kind of way I feel today. There is always something positive out there, and with great stuff like this, I clearly have tons of great stuff to look forward to. Yup, great stuff.
And just because it makes me happy, a little bonus pic for the day:
That is my dearest Gabriel a mere 9 years ago. Isn't he just the cutest, most gorgeous little boy? He makes my heart melt and he is still a momma's boy. Yessiree, those were the days.
For more Quick Takes, go to see Jen at Conversion Diary.