Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nothing is Nice


Sometimes, you need to do nothing. Your body and your mind need the break on occasion, and instead of fighting it, just give in and enjoy it while it lasts.

Right now,I am sitting outside in the sun with my little boy. He needs outside time every day so we don't all go crazy, and today he wanted me to stay out here with him. With a list a mile long of chores to do inside, it's not that I don't want to be outside with him, I just felt like I couldn't.  Then I remembered that the stuff inside will still be there later, and the sunny days around here get fewer and father between as the year progresses. I could use some vitamin D anyway.

This is what doing nothing looks like at my house today.


 Do you ever purposely do nothing? What does your nothing look like?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! My boys are all obsessed with the kitchen tongs, too! Sometimes I find that Gabriel has snuck a set into his room "to keep them safe".

    ReplyDelete